Saturday 15 November 2014

Chocolate Brownies!

Hello!
I hope you're having a good day! This morning I did a spot of baking and asked if you wanted to see a blogpost, obviously the answer was yes, so here's the recipe for some rather scrumptious chocolate brownies!

Ingredients
~175g chocolate (whatever kind you like, I used milk)
~175g butter
~3 eggs
~250g caster sugar
~75g plain flour
~40g Cocoa powder
~any extra chocolate, chocolate chips, nuts etc.

1. First you'll need to preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line the base and sides of a square cake tin (mine was 20x20 but you can use whatever size or shape you want)
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl (preferably one that won't crack if heated) over a pan of simmering water, then let this mixture cool slightly, don't go sticking your fingers in it when it's really hot and burning your fingers off, I know you'll want to taste it!
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, then pour into the chocolate and butter mixture and fold together. 
You're all thinking it, it looks like a lush bath bomb!

4. Next you'll need to sift in the flour and cocoa, and mix in any extras such as chocolate and nuts, then pour into the cake tin.
5. Bake until the top is crispy and there is a slight wobble underneath, this could take anything from 25 minutes to 50 minutes depending on your oven.
6. Leave to cool and chop up into squares or triangles, please be careful if you're using a particularly sharp knife!
And there you have it, delicious, extremely chocolatey and indulgent brownies!

I hope you enjoyed this post, if you make these be sure to let me know how they go by leaving a comment or tagging me in a photo!

I love baking and I've been asked to do Christmas baking blogposts, if there are any recipes you'd like to see, please let me know!
Lots of love, 
Emma xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment