Thursday 20 November 2014

Changing Tracks

Recently I’ve been finding it hard to put what I am thinking into words and began thinking that maybe some of you reading our blog may feel the same way.

Being a teenager can bring so many memories and I’ve already experienced these whilst still only being in my second ‘official year’ of being a teenager. However being a teenager is often very hard and the pressure put on teenagers in the current time is immense, causing a rollercoaster of emotions.

Currently, I am on a rollercoaster of emotions and no, not a rollercoaster that Augustus Waters likes to ride which are the ones that only goes up – I am on one that is constantly going on an incline however makes a few, sudden descents and these past weeks I am on the descent, hoping that the tracks will change soon.

Feeling distant from the world is painful, but if you’re feeling the same way – please, please remember that there are a lot of people, including many people around you, are feeling exactly the same way and you may not even know it.

At the moment I’m having trouble myself with friends at school and it’s quite hard seeing them around school and no longer feeling like you can say or do the same things as what you did only two or so weeks ago. Seeing the same friends you used to joke and laugh with daily, go out and have fun without you is exceptionally difficult, especially for a very emotional person like me.

I am the type of person to become anxious over the smallest situations, to overthink the simplest of comments and to be effected by one or two actions very, very quickly. This type of personality honestly, gets me absolutely nowhere. I find myself quite sad a lot of the time, and however cliché this may sound, I do put on a smile for those around me, so they don’t see me ‘hurting’ or 'sad'.
But I want to change this, and even though I am going through this situation at school, I’ve talked to four people whom are very special to me and listened to people on social media sites and they have truly made me realise that school is only a temporary thing, it doesn’t last forever, everything will get better and everything will change.

The people who you see every day at school, if you don’t want to see them again, then you don’t have to once you finish school. You can leave them behind, just like any bad memories or sour thoughts you may have. Think of leaving school for University, college or sixth form, as a new chapter to the book of your life (cliché again, I know).

And for now, try and distract yourself from the thoughts you think and the people who are making you think these thoughts. Do some drawing, listen to your favourite band over and over, write your emotions through a new book or a song, go for a run once or twice a week, do something that will distract you from your current state of mind.

Personally, I know this works. Whenever I feel sad or alone, I sit at my laptop and I work on a chapter for a fanfiction I am itching to write or I’ll lay in my bed and listen to The 1975 and close my eyes and think about my day and reflect on everything going on and try to calm myself down.

However if you aren’t feeling this way and/or you think you know someone that is feeling like this, make sure you ask if they are okay. A simple message can have a huge effect on the other person’s mood in an extremely good way, and making someone happy should be something you look to do every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment