Wednesday 21 January 2015

A Snowy Day!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all okay and aren't freezing to death too much at the moment! So last night it decided to snow...a lot. As some of you know, it snowed a lot where I live on Boxing Day but that didn't disrupt anything because there was no school and no one was going to work really either, but today my school was closed so I had the whole day to myself and I thought, why not blog about it?!

So as I knew it was snowing last night, when I got up for school this morning I looked out the window to check on the snow and I didn't think the school would be shut, however I later found out we have a lot more snow here than some other places with school closures! I went downstairs to get a cup of tea and my mum told me she had received a text saying the school was closed, I was very happy and glad that I could have a relaxed day! 
I went and sat down for a while watching the snow fall and get deeper and deeper and deciding what to do with my day! 

I got some breakfast (I do actually have fruit for breakfast every day) and more tea (I drink a lot of tea, the one I'm talking about here was probably my third cup...oops) and did my makeup, nothing too exciting, I put a little bit of eyeshadow on as well as the usual makeup I wear (I did an every day makeup routine a while ago) and listened to some Disney songs while getting ready! 

So I was planning on doing some baking, I walked to the shop to get some ingredients (and a few extra treats) and I took a camera with me to take a few photos along the way! This was lucky as I found out my phone isn't too fond of the snow and decided to pretend it had no power and turn itself off despite it having about 50% charge!

When I got back from the shop I put on some Disney movies (Tangled and Sleeping Beauty today) and got on with some baking! Someone asked if I was going to upload the recipe, so I'm going to include it here! My friend sent me this cookie recipe, I believe it's the recipe Tanya Burr used in a video!

You will need: 
- 200g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 325g self raising flour
- 200g milk chocolate
- 200g white chocolate 

You'll want to preheat your oven to 180 degrees first! Mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy then add your egg and mix in. Gradually add the flour in, if the mixture gets a little too dry then add some milk (but be careful not to add too much!) break up (and possible chop up too, but be careful) the chocolate and mix it into the mixture. Then place some of the mixture onto a lined baking tray (it's better if you have more than one otherwise, like I did, you'll have to do lots of batches) I did 6 cookies on a tray. Put these in the oven and bake for 10 minutes! I made 30 with the mixture. They taste amazing, unfortunately. This means all my family will be pestering me for them for the next few days! 

After I'd finished baking, I painted my nails and then I went in the garden and took some photos of the snow! That's about everything apart from Tap but I can't really talk about that all that much can I haha!

I hope you enjoyed this post! I, thinking about doing some more photography based posts but would like to know if you want to see anything like that! I have lots of other photos of the snow and just loads of other photos I can share with you if you want so make sure to let me know if you do want to see them!

Take care in the snow or ice if you have any, make sure to keep warm! I feel like I always say this and I feel even more like a granny than I normally do!
Lots of love, 
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment