Saturday 26 April 2014

Yes!




Hey guys it's Lauren!



It has been common for human beings (for teenagers especially!) to just say no.

No?

Oh, well, it is for me anyway!

Whenever someone asks me, 'Do you want to do something today?' or 'Do you want to come round?' or 'Do you want to go to the gym?' I always say no.

I am not sure why because, I always complain about not having a social life, or not going to the gym enough, but then when the opportunity arises for me to actually accomplish these things, I always stress out or panic and make an excuse, which is not helpful!

I feel like a home-bird, just cooped up in the comfort of my nest (my house if you didn't get the metaphor, and I love my bedroom especially!) and I don't think it is a confidence issue, because I am a confident person and will do anything for a laugh. I am not sure what it is, and I hope that people are the same as me.
And sitting here, right now writing this, has made me think 'what am I holding back? If I go out with my friends, I might have one of the best days of my life, I might enjoy myself if I go out more.'

So that's why I have to change. Now, before it's too late.


I have decided that if I ever get the opportunity to go out with my friends, family etc. I will take the opportunity and say yes.

I began with asking my friend if she wanted to come and see 'Bad Neighbours', a new film which is being released on May 3rd. We agreed that we would see it, because to be honest, we just wanted to see Zac Efron shirtless, AGAIN! (Thanks Rita ;D)

(I remember Zoella doing a post like this quite a few months back, and I feel like that's what inspired me.)



This post wasn't to tell you 'oo, look at me, I have no social life!' it was to inform you that if you have the same issue then 'heres what I am doing, here's some advice you could use.' Because as the old sayin' goes, 'YOLO!'

I am only kidding! But that is something you can take into consideration, you do only live once and you're only ever going to be this young once in your whole existence! Why waste it, sitting here reading this blogpost, or watching YouTube videos, or generally just procrastinating, because you and I both know, everyone does it! 
If you are offered to go somewhere, even if it only going to your nans house or going to Tescos, go! Saying yes only makes you more confident and saying no will only throw your whole childhood and teenage years out the window! Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but it will only make you less confident!

Do something great with your life while you have the chance.

Say yes.
Say it now.

Say it with me, because as I write this next sentence, I am going to say 'yes'.

Ready?

Say it with me...

JUST. SAY. YES!




No comments:

Post a Comment