Friday 25 April 2014

Hairstyle Ideas!

The other day, one of my guest bloggers and best friends, Kate, was round at my house and we saw the opportunity to do a hairstyles post because we both, funnily enough, have hair and we both have the capability of styling hair and also taking photos, so that's what we did and these are some of the hairstyles we came up with!

Hairstyle 1


For this hairstyle I started at one side of Kate's head and I did a Dutch braid (or inverse French braid or whatever you want to call it) and I carried it on all the way to the other side of her head, and when I ran out of hair to add in to the braid, I carried it on as a normal braid. I wanted the look to be soft, so I tugged at each bit of the braid to loosen it slightly. I then looped the braid around into a bun (which because of the softness of the braid looked almost like a flower) and secured it down with hair grips. I think this hairstyle looks gorgeous and looks a lot more complex than it really is!

Hairstyle 2


Kate did this hairstyle on me! She took my hair back into a low ponytail, leaving a few sections out for the next few steps, and secured the ponytail with a hair bobble (of course!). She then took one of the sections from one side of my head and took it to the ponytail and wrapped it around, securing with hair grips. She then took the section from the other side of my head and braided it, she then took this to the pony tail and wrapped it over, securing it with hair grips! Kate them took a curling wand and added some curls into my pony tail, to add a different texture into the hairstyle! This is a great hairstyle for every day because it doesn't take too long to do and it justs adds a bit more interest to your hair than just a plain ponytail! Thank you Kate for percisting with my very thick hair, and taking such good photos, we had a bit of trouble with taking the photos of my hair, because my hair is very dark, but we got there in the end after trying two different cameras and different settings! 

Hairstyle 3

For this hairstyle I sweeped all of Kate's hair to one side, and secured it with a hair bobble, but leaving a little section out at the front. With the section at the front, I wrapped it around the top of the pony tail, hiding the bobble, and secured with a few hair grips. I love the overall effect of this hairstyle, it's really casual, but pretty at the same time, and the curls in Kate's hair (from the hairstyle I'll show you next) reall make it look extra pretty! 

Hairstyle 4 


For this hairstyle, Kate started out with fairly straight hair. I started at one side of her head, and I did a waterfall braid all the way around Kate's head. If you don't know what a waterfall braid is, it's a type of braid where you start like a normal French braid, and you pick up sections of hair and add it into the braid but with the strand of the braid nearest the bottom, you pick up a new section of hair but you drop the section that you were using at that point, it's hard to explain but if you go on youtube there are plenty of tutorials that can show you how to do a waterfall braid! After doing the braid all the way around Kate's head, I secured it with a hair grip and put a tiny section at the front on the top, to hide the end of the braid! After that I took a curling wand and I curled all of Kate's hair! I think out of all the hairstyles we did, this was our favourite! It looks so soft and pretty and is definitely something you should all try out!

I really hope you enjoyed this blogpost, if you did, please let us know by leaving a comment! 
This was great fun to make as well:)

Lots of love,
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment