Sunday 6 September 2015

Summer Pop of Colour!

I know, I know, the summer is nearly over but that's not stopping you from from experimenting with fun makeup looks! I was actually meant to post this ages ago (don't kill me) but I didn't have chance to write it before I went on holiday. Better late than never!

In July, I had some of my friends around to help me with some photos for art (they couldn't resist the offer of pizza and Maltesers) and I did their makeup and took photos. On Izzy, I used a blue underneath her eyes, and i really liked the way it looked so I thought I would use that for a look on myself for a blogpost!

I used a more copper toned than bronze and also made the blue stand out a bit more!

I started by using MAC's Pro Longwear Paint pot in Rubenesque as a base, I have mentioned this a lot before because I absolutely love the shade!
When I was sorting through the photos for this post and editing them I realised that I kept switching between two different lenses, so if they look different to you, that might be why! The lighting wasn't the best either!
Next I used an Accessorise eyeshadow which I believe is in the shade Molten Copper, they might not sell it any more but most brands sell gorgeous copper shades. I love copper because the red tone makes my eyes look very green, most of the time I have no clue what colour my eyes are (it changes I think). Make sure to tap off the excess eyeshadow to avoid fall down because as you will see in the next photos I forgot.


I used a Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon in a metallic blue colour (that doesn't have a shade name) on my lower lash line, this helped to intensify the next eyeshadow but of course if you're wanting a more subtle look you can skip that (I don't think a blue eyeshadow will ever be that subtle though!)
I then took a Rimmel eyeshadow that I also don't know the name of (I'm such a bad blogger, I apologise, but I doubt they sell it any more!) and put it on top of where I applied the pencil/base. Yes the look is really as easy as that!

I then curled my eyelashes (not very well) and applied my new favourite mascara Maybelline Lash Sensational in the waterproof formula as usual. I promise you it usually looks a whole lot better than in the photo above, my lashes were not cooperating. The packaging also matches the look so it makes everything better!

To finish the look, I decided on a bright lip (on Izzy I used Mac Kinda Sexy for a nude lip), using the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 16 (I only know the shade because I checked Kate's Recent Beauty Buys post so thank you Kate;) )
So that is the complete look!  

This is an accidental collab with Lauren (again) but for her youtube this time! We happened to have done similar looks so made it into a collab, what a great coincidence! I absolutely love her videos so be sure to check out her channel and subscribe! 
For Lauren's video, click here!

I hope everyone who has started school this past week has enjoyed it, and if you're starting this week, good luck with the early mornings;)

Lots of love,
Emma xxx



My song for the post is Can't Sleep Love by Pentatonix. This song is so catchy and I could listen to it on repeat all day! Definitely give it a listen, you'll love it! Also, if you haven't listened to Troye Sivan's EP WILD, also give that a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment