Sunday 27 September 2015

Go-to Autumn Makeup

So, autumn has rolled around once again and it's is one of my favourite times for beauty and fashion! I have spent probably too much money on autumn/winter clothes in the past few days, but I won't regret it when I'm nice and cosy in the coming months. I decided to show you some of the products I reach for most often when I'm getting ready in the mornings!

Base Products



L'Oreal True Match Foundation has been on my list of foundations to try and I can't believe I waited this long. It has a good medium but buildable coverage, which you can sheer out with a moisturiser if you aren't looking for too much coverage, but I have quite problematic skin so it's perfect for me! The finish is more on the matte side of things, however I always set it with a powder so you could probably get a less matte finish if you want to. I believe the colour range is quite wide however smaller Boots or Superdrugs will have a smaller range of colours. It costs £9.99 which I think is an amazing price for such a high quality foundation!

This is the powder I've been using recently,  this one isn't anything extraordinary but it does the job!

If you've been following me for a while you'll have seen this palette before. The Sleek Blush By Three palette in Lace, which costs £9.99. The formula of Sleek blushes is absolutely incredible, they are insanely pigmented and very easy to blend. I could not recommend them more!

Eye Products

You will have heard about how much I like these products to define my eyebrows if you've read any of my posts before! Eyebrows really do change up your whole face so, although my eyebrows are dark, I like to fill in any sparse areas and set them into place with Soap & Glory Archery and L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper!

MAC Painpots have been mentioned in my posts many times before, so I won't go on and on, but they're the perfect bases for eyeshadows and they do not crease (a problem I had with Maybelline Colour Tattoos). The colours I have are Rubenesque (at the front) and Soft Ochre (at the back) and they cost £15.50 each, but it's worth it!

I love the Molten Copper shade of Accessorise Eyeshadow. The red tone makes my eyes look really green and I just love copper really! I have no clue whether they still sell this colour but a copper eyeshadow is a must for autumn/winter!

Bronze and gold eyeshadows are also essential for autumn/winter. I love the Nude Bronze palette from Collection.. Just like the Sleek blushes, they are so pigmented and easy to blend, at a very low price!

Lip Products


The revlon Lipstick in the shade HD Rose is a beautiful pink-nude that combines high pigmentation with a moisturising formula, which is perfect for autumn and winter when you find your lips can get quite dry.

One of my very loved MAC lipsticks, and a perfect nude, Kinda Sexy. This is a matte formula, so although it can be quite drying (applying some lip balm before helps) it is long lasting! I wore it to my Prom and it lasted most of the night.

I never really got much use out of this Lip Butter, but I've rediscovered it and I'm so glad! Macaroon is a beautiful berry shade but more on the pink side than a deep berry! Again, the formula is super moisturising, so perfect for the colder months!

I decided to include some swatches of the lip products and blushes I mentioned! from left to right - Revlon Lip Butter in Macaroon, MAC lipstick in Kinda Sexy, Revlon HD Rose, Sleek Blush By Three in Lace.

I hope you enjoyed reading about some of the products I've been drawn to when doing my makeup recently! What other autumn/winter blogposts would you be interested in reading?

Lots of love,
Emma xxx




I've been revisiting songs and albums I love recently, and I've been listening to Pixie Lott's album Turn It Up a lot, I loved this when it came out around 6 years ago, it brings back lots of memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment