Thursday 2 April 2015

Easter Treats!

Hello!
Today I have another Easter post for you all, this time some baking! I hope you enjoy the post!

Pebbles Cookies

If you don't know what pebbles are (not your garden sort) they're basically flat mini eggs!

Ingredients:
- 250g plain flour
- 2g bicarbonate of soda
-170g butter (melted)
- 280g caster sugar (I used 320, so my cookies are very sugary, I'd recommend less than that so 250-300g, just adjust to your personal taste)
- 15ml vanilla extract (doesn't have to be exact, again just adjust to your taste!)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinch of salt
- pebbles, (or smarties, mini eggs or something else of your choosing) I used 2 bags...well probably more like 1 and a half bags after I'd eaten (tested...) a few!

1. Preheat your oven to 165 degrees and Line your baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. In one bowl, sift your flour and baking soda, add your salt and leave to one side for later.
3. In a different bowl, mix together your melted butter and sugar thoroughly, then beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk.
4. Then add the ingredients you sifted and mix it all together.
5. Add in your pebbles, I added a bag in at this point.
6. Spoon onto your tray, making sure the cookies are well spread out, the spread a lot while cooking so don't make them too big and do only about 6 on a tray at once.
7. Bake the cookies, depending on your oven it will take different times, mine took about 12-15 minutes but yours might take more or less!

Easter Cake

This is just a decoration idea really, (the recipe I used is the same as a cake I've done before, click here to see that) I used light yellow buttercream to ice the cake (if you can't have yellow icing at Easter, when can you?!) and then I piped 'happy Easter' with orange icing onto the top! I then put mini eggs around the edge to make the cake look extra delicious!

I hope you enjoyed these baking ideas, 
Happy Easter if you celebrate it, if not, I hope you enjoy some time off to (hopefully) relax!

Lots of love,
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment