Wednesday 28 May 2014

Heavenly Nutella Cupcakes!

Today I decided to do some baking, and when I was getting my ingredients out of the cupboard I found a jar of Nutella, so I thought why not incorporate Nutella into the cupcakes?!

 The ingredients:
•butter
•sugar (preferably caster but I only had Demerara!)
•self raising flour
•eggs
•Nutella 

Before starting you will need to preheat your oven, I put mine on at around 180 degrees (I have a fan oven). 

Firstly, I weighed out 200 grams of butter and 200 grams of sugar into a mixing bowl, it's helpful if the butter is quite soft because it makes it easier to mix. 
I used an electric whisk to mix them together in order to get the mixture as smooth as possible, and to be a bit faster! 

Next I added 4 eggs into the bowl. 
Then I weighed 200g of self raising flour and mixed it all together, and that's the basic cupcake mixture!

After this, I put cupcake cases in a tray and added a spoonful of mixture to the bottom of each case. I used a dessert spoon for this and filed the cases under half full. 

Next is the exciting part! I took the Nutella and placed a small teaspoonful of Nutella in the centre of each case. 
In the photo there's quite a lot of Nutella on the spoon. I didn't use that much, it was just for the photo, but of course you can use as much or as little as you want! 

I then added the remaining cupcake mixture over the Nutella, so the centre of each cupcake would have Nutella in, and placed the tray into the oven which should've heated up by now! I left mine in for 25-30 minutes, but I think they could've been in for a bit less time and still have been cooked well, but it depends how big the cupcakes you have made are and your oven as well. 

The end result:

Don't they look delicious?! They sure taste it! They're especially nice when they're warm (there's an excuse for you to eat them fresh out of the oven;) ) 

I didn't follow a recipe from a book or the internet to make these, I made it up as I went along, so I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but I'm very pleased! You could also replace the Nutella for little chunk of chocolate, or maybe even peanut butter or if you're feeling adventurous, Nutella and peanut butter, although I'm not a fan of peanut butter so I'll pass on that one! 

I hope you enjoyed this, and I would love to hear if you make these for yourself! 

Lots of love,
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment