Sunday 22 March 2015

Blush || Is it Worth Paying More?

Hello everyone!
Sorry for not posting last weekend, I had a post planned but I didn't have time to put it together and I couldn't remember the order of the photos as I'd taken them a few weeks before! 

Today's blogpost is a collab with two of my favourite bloggers, Chloe  (click here to go to her blog) and Gabriella (click here to go to her blog). I would explain more about the post, like I usually do with a little intro, but if I'm honest I think I'll just confuse you, so let's get straight into it!


Low priced - MUA Mosaic Blush. 

At only £1 this blush is perfect for someone on a budget, I bought this a couple of years ago after seeing it on Instagram extremely regularly, and I definitely got a lot of use out of it at first, I used it for a dance show, and just to add a bit of colour to my cheeks when I needed it! It's quite shimmery, so if you put too much on you will look like you've bathed in glitter which is something you might want to watch out for! The purple in it looks quite intimidating - why have purple in a blush? I don't know the answer to that but when you apply the blush using a bit of all the colours you can't tell there's purple in there and it looks lovely. Not bad for a £1 blush is it?!

Middle priced - Sleek Blush by Three in Lace.

Sleek is known for blushes that rival Nars, with a price point of £9.99 for this palette of three intensely pigmented blushes, who's winning? 'That's very bright!' My mum pointed out when I showed her it after buying it, it is very bright and pigmented but you can apply it lightly and get just the right amount of colour on! Two of the colours are matte, the other is not, but it's not overly shimmery. I think the quality of sleek blushes is fantastic especially at that price!

High priced - Urban Decay Naked Flushed. 

If you haven't heard me mention this before, where have you been?! I bought this palette in January and I've used it nearly every day since. The pigmentation is amazing, it's easy to blend and the packaging is sleek and luxurious. The bronzer/contour colour is good for my skin tone, it doesn't look muddy when applied as I've heard some people have that problem with bronzers. The highlight is quite intense, so a light hand is needed for that and the blush really helps to brighten your complexion! This palette costs £22.50, so it's not cheap but is something worth investing in if you are  a makeup lover like me!

In my opinion, you can get a good blush on whatever budget you have, whether you can't spend much, or are willing to pay more for the brand.

I hope you found this post interesting, make sure you've checked out Chloe and Gabriella's blogposts as I'm sure they'll be amazing, they are both such good bloggers and friends too, so thank you girls for inviting me to join your collab!

As always, you can follow our blog on bloglovin to keep up to date with posts!

Lots of love,
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment