Tuesday 8 July 2014

Daisy Nails!

Last august, I did daisy nails, they went down very well and I was asked for a tutorial sort of thing, so here's how you do them, please excuse the very old photos haha!

What I used: 
Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Daily Nail Treatment 
Ruby Hammer Recommends (for debenhams) white tip nail polish
A yellow Barry M limited edition nail paint, which has no name but you can use any colour you want for this bit!
Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail paint in Greenberry 
A cuticle stick with a pointed end or a cocktail stick

1. Apply a base coat to your nails to prevent staining and to keep your nails healthy!

2. Dip the cuticle stick into some white polish and make five white dots of nail polish, in a circle , all of a similar size (don't worry if these don't look very neat at the moment!)

3. Wipe the nail polish off the cuticle stick or get another one, place it in the middle of one of the white dots and drag in towards the centre of the circle of white dots. Repeat this with all the dots so it looks like they join at the centre and you can do this a few times on different bits of your nail, I did it three times, you can do it more or less depending on the length of your nails.

4. Using your cuticle stick again, dip the pointed end into your yellow polish (or whatever colour you have decided to use) and put a dot in the centre of your flowers.

5. This is the step I found hardest to show you in a photograph, but take your other colour,mine is a green-blue, and make little swirls as stems and leaves of your flower. 

6. Let the design fully dry and apply a top coat to seal in your design and make it last longer!

Of course you don't have to use the same colours as I did, you could have a pink flower or a yellow flower it's totally up to you! You could also just do it on one nail as your accent nail, like the nails in my previous blogpost!

I was pretty amazed that I could still do the design after nearly a year haha;)

I really hope you enjoyed this little nail tutorial thing, as much as I did playing around with this cute design! 
Let me know what you think, are there any more nail designs you'd like me to try out?

Have fun trying this out on yourself and your friends!

Lots of love,
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment